DOW FILMTEC™ 4.6-inch diameter RO elements offer high quality water for sanitary applications, using the high performance TW30HP membrane, which offers excellent permeate flow and sait rejection. These elements are made with the same high quality materials of construction as our larger DOW FILMTEC elements used in municipal and industrial systems. For added convenience during shipping, storage and loading, these elements are available as either wet or dry products.
Operating Limits :
- Membrane Type Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperature 113°F ( 45°C )
- Maximum Operating Pressure 600 psi ( 4.1 MPa )
- Maximum Pressure Drop 15 psi ( 1.0 bar )
- pH Range, Continuous Operation" 2- 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaningb 1 - 13
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerancec < 0.1 ppm
Maximum tempe,ature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95° F (35°C)
Refer to cleaning guidelines in specification sheet 609-2301 O.
Linder certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents Will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DW&PS recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609- 22010 for more infoTI11ation.
Important Operating Information
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating specifications given in this Product Information bulletin are not strictly followed, the FILMTEC Reverse Osmosis and Nanofiltration Element Three-Year Prorated Umited Warranty (Form No. 609-3501 O) Will be null and void.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- To prevent biological growth during storage, shipping or system shutdown$ it is recommended that DOW FILMTEC™ elements be immersed in a protective solution. The standard storage solution contains 1.0 percent (by weight) sodium metabisulfite
- (food grade).
- The customer if fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals on elements. Their use will void the FILMTEC Reverse Osmosis and Nanofiltration Element ThreeYear Prorated Umited Warranty (Form No. 609-35010).